Wednesday, February 4, 2009

No plumbing available...


Tyler, our 3 year old, is potty trained. When we began the potty training process, we were told to "take 'em outside" and let the pee fly. Well, I wasn't too keen on this, but it is a habit that has repeatedly occured when we are at the building site with no plumbing available. Today was a classic reason why I had formed this opinion.

I was working on the wiring for an entry light switch - which is currently a mass of wires. I was talking on the phone with Grandpa trying to create an understanding of which way the current is travelling and what that means when Tyler comes and announces that he needs to poop. I, in my asborption of trying to understand these yellow wires, didn't allow the words to sink in to action. I went back to task and within a few minutes Tyler returns saying that he needs to be wiped.

Tyler has walked outside the dining room door, dropped drawers, and promptly pooped by the side of the house!! Of course, in the action of squatting, he didn't perform a complete squat and ended up dropping half the load into the pocket of his pants. So, there he comes into the house with poo squeezing from his cheeks and drooping from his pocket.

I am not a prepared woman. There is no wipes, diapers, clean clothes, or well anything to get me out of this bind. It requires a bit of contractor cleaning cloth (we had one left), a bit of squealing from T, and folding the pants down to cover the scent and poop trail....and then....back to work I went.

I will be calling the plumber tomorrow and we will, hopefully, have a toilet in place by Saturday. PLEASE by Saturday!!!!!

No comments: